Transition-to-College Assistance

This grant helps eligible families of post-high school students with ancillary expenses, such as a computer purchase or dorm furnishings.



A one-time grant is available per child to members who meet the following eligibility criteria*:

  • Employer is a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) or affiliated employer.
  • Member is enrolled in the Medical Plan or Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
  • Household's adjusted gross income does not exceed twice the median effective salary for ministers ($124,200 in 2022).
  • Dependent child (up to age 26) is entering any post-high school education or training: college, university, community college, or technical or trade school (excluding post-baccalaureate).
  • Dependent child may be enrolled part time or full time (12 credits per year or six credits per semester).
*A one-time grant is awarded per eligible child. Members, including member couples, may not apply for more than one grant for the same child.

How to apply

Need help?

​Call the Board at 800-773-7752 (800-PRESPLAN).