The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential resource included with your healthcare benefits at no cost to you. The EAP can help you with a variety of personal concerns, from handling everyday stress and anxiety, to dealing with disasters and other traumatic events, to achieving better work/life balance. The program offers phone and in-person support, personalized assistance, and referrals to licensed counselors and professional resources in your community.
You must be
- an active member enrolled in Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO or EPO;
- an eligible family member (regardless of residence);
- any person living in an active member’s household (not necessarily a member of the plan).
The EAP is not available to those enrolled in the Medicare Supplement Plan.
The EAP includes
- up to six face-to-face counseling sessions per issue;
- immediate assistance with critical emotional needs;
- information and referral for child care, senior care, legal consultation, financial consultation, and more;
- guidance for finding local resources; and
- a live chat feature on the website for communicating with an advocate or a credentialed counselor, as needed.
Note: The EAP is administered by Cigna and so refers members to Cigna-participating psychiatrists, psychologists, and other counselors. After your free six sessions, if you continue with the Cigna counselor and he or she does not also participate with Highmark, you may incur out-of-network costs. Any ongoing therapy must be with a Highmark-participating counselor to qualify for in-network rates. You, of course, have the option of continuing with an out-of-network provider.
Accessing the EAP
Call 1-866-640-2772 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak with an EAP advocate. Or, go to cignabehavioral.com:
- Click on Login to access your benefits in the upper left-hand menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Employer ID field on the left.
- Enter pcusa in lowercase letters with no spaces in the Employer ID field.
- Click Go.
Here you’ll find the following features:
- Find a Provider search function for your locality;
- Look Up Your Benefits function;
- resources for work/life balance, well-being, drug and alcohol awareness, anxiety and depression, autism awareness, eating disorder awareness, bipolar awareness, Alzheimer’s information, and more;
- an Education & Resource Center that includes materials, programs, and wellness seminars (in webcast and telephonic formats);
- forms, including out-of-network claim forms;
- a feedback feature, through which you comment on the services of your behavioral health provider;
- management consultation resources;
- Frequently Asked Questions.