The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential resource included with your healthcare benefits at no cost to you. The EAP can help with a variety of personal concerns, from handling everyday stress and anxiety, to dealing with disasters and other traumatic events, to achieving better work/life balance. The program offers phone and in-person support, personalized assistance, and referrals to licensed counselors and professional resources in your community.
You must be
- an active member enrolled in Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO or EPO;
- an eligible family member (regardless of residence);
- any person living in an active member’s household.
The EAP is not available to those enrolled in the Medicare Supplement Plan.
The EAP includes
- up to six face-to-face counseling sessions per issue;
- immediate assistance with critical emotional needs;
- information and referral for child care, senior care, legal consultation, financial consultation, and more;
- guidance for finding local resources;
- telephone consultations; and
- a live chat feature on the website for communicating with an advocate or a credentialed counselor, as needed.
Accessing the EAP
Call 1-866-640-2772 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak with an EAP advocate. Or, go to cignabehavioral.com:
- Click on Login to access your benefits in the upper left-hand menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Employer ID field on the left.
- Enter pcusa in lowercase letters with no spaces in the Employer ID field.
- Click Go.
Here you’ll find the following features:
- Find a Provider search function for your locality;
- Look Up Your Benefits function;
- resources for work/life balance, well-being, drug and alcohol awareness, anxiety and depression, autism awareness, eating disorder awareness, bipolar awareness, Alzheimer’s information, and more;
- an Education & Resource Center that includes materials, programs, and wellness seminars (in webcast and telephonic formats);
- forms, including out-of-network claim forms;
- a feedback feature, through which you comment on the services of your behavioral health provider;
- management consultation resources;
- Frequently Asked Questions.