The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential resource included with your healthcare benefits
at no cost to you. The EAP can help you with a variety of personal concerns, from handling everyday stress and anxiety, to dealing with disasters and other traumatic events, to achieving better work/life balance. The program offers phone, video-based, and in-person support, personalized assistance, and referrals to licensed counselors and professional resources in your community.
You must be
- an active member enrolled in Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO or EPO;
- an eligible family member (regardless of residence);
- any person living in an active member’s household (not necessarily a member of the plan).
The EAP is not available to those enrolled in the Medicare Supplement Plan.
The EAP includes
- up to six face-to-face counseling sessions per issue;
- immediate assistance with critical emotional needs;
- information and referral for child care, senior care, legal consultation, financial consultation, and more;
- guidance for finding local resources; and
- a live chat feature on the website for communicating with an advocate or a credentialed counselor, as needed.
Note: The EAP is administered by Cigna and so refers members to Cigna-participating psychologists and other counselors. After your free six sessions, if you continue with the Cigna counselor and he or she does not also participate with Highmark, you may incur out-of-network costs. Any ongoing therapy must be with a Highmark-participating counselor to qualify for in-network rates. You, of course, have the option of continuing with an out-of-network provider, unless you are in the EPO.
Accessing the EAP
866-640-2772 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak with an EAP advocate, or go to
A one-time registration process is required on the first visit to mycigna.com:
- Click Register Now and follow the onscreen instructions.
- For What Best Describes You, select I want to register for the Employee Assistance Program ONLY – I don’t have other coverage with Cigna.
- When you reach the Confirm Your Identity screen
Create a user ID and password that you will use to log on each time you visit the site. Select your security questions, review, and click Finish Registration.Log in with your user ID and password.
- enter pcusa for Employee’s Employer ID; and
- select Employee (member) or Other Person (household member) for Your Relationship to the Employee.
From here, select Review My Coverage to find a licensed EAP counselor near you. Members, their eligible family members, and household members do not need ID cards to access EAP services but do need an authorization number, available from an EAP advocate.
On mycigna.com, you'll be able to do the following:
- Share EAP with someone in your household.
- Schedule a phone call with a Cigna EAP consultant.
- Get an authorization to visit a licensed EAP counselor.
- Find a licensed EAP counselor near you.