24-Hour Nurse Line
Nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your health-related questions. This service is part of your medical benefits; there is no cost to you.
Call the nurse line toll-free at 888-835-2959 if you
- aren’t sure if you need to get medical care;
- need information about a medication, test, or medical procedure;
- want reliable information about a health condition;
- aren’t sure what questions you should ask your doctor;
- have questions about how you or your family can stay healthy.
Urgent calls are handled immediately. Education-related calls will be returned within an hour.
For a $10 copay, members have access to a telemedicine option, provided by Teladoc through Highmark, at 800-835-2362.
Preregister with Teladoc so you and your family's health histories are on file. Using this resource, you can get a consult with a physician — and even get a prescription — 24/7 for common, acute issues such as ear infections or sinusitus.