Skip Navigation Linkstransition-to-college-assistance-grants

Transition-to-College Assistance Grants

This grant program is intended to help eligible families of entering college freshmen with transitional expenses, such as a computer purchase or dorm furnishings.


One-time grants are available to qualifying Medical Plan members whose

  • employer is a PC(USA) or affiliated employer;
  • household's adjusted gross income does not exceed $118,200; and
  • dependent child also is enrolled in the Medical Plan and is enrolled full time at an accredited college or university.

One grant per eligible child is available.


Amounts range from $500 to $1,000, depending on your total household adjusted gross income, as follows.

Total adjusted gross income* ​Grant amount
​Less than congregational ministers' median (CTM)**​$1,000
​Greater than 100%
but less than 120% of the CTM
​Greater than 120%
but less than 140% of the CTM
​Greater than 140%
but less than 160% of the CTM
​Greater than 160%
but less than 180% of the CTM
​Greater than 180%,
up to 200% of the CTM
*as reported on your federal tax form ​
​**the 2019 churchwide median salary of ministers of the Word and Sacrament who are serving churches ​

How to apply

Grant applications for the 2018-2019 academic year will be accepted from August 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019. Complete the Transition-to-College Assistance Grant Application and return it with the required documentation to the Board at the address listed on the form.

More information

For more information, call the Assistance team of the Board of Pension at 800-773-7752 (800-PRESPLAN).