To enroll in the Medical Plan for the first time, you must make your elections within the seminary student enrollment period, August 1–September 15, 2018, or within 60 days of full-time seminary enrollment.
You may elect coverage for yourself and your eligible family members. If you elect coverage for your spouse and/or dependents, you must provide the supporting documentation specified on the application before the enrollment is complete. Supporting documentation is a marriage certificate, birth certificate, legal documentation for wards, or letter of intent or decree for adoption.
The completed application and all required supporting documentation must be postmarked within the enrollment period.
You may elect coverage only during this enrollment period, unless you
- experience a qualifying life event, such as the loss of medical coverage from another source (a spouse’s employer, for example); or
- were not classified as an inquirer or candidate during the August 1–September 15, 2018, enrollment period but now are.
Your completed application and all required supporting documentation must be postmarked within 60 days of the life event or classification as an inquirer or candidate.
Seminary Student Benefits Plan Membership Application within the enrollment period (coverage cannot be retroactive) and enclose the following:
1. written verification from your presbytery that you are an inquirer or a candidate for ordination under their care
2. written confirmation from your school of your status as a full-time student
3. a check for the cost of coverage for the first month (or set up an account with
, the Board’s online payment system, to pay monthly invoices). Your application cannot be processed without the first month’s payment.
Mail, email, or fax your completed application, with the above enclosures, during the enrollment period, using the contact information on the application.
Questions? Refer to the
Healthcare Coverage for Seminary Students overview or call the Board of Pensions at 800-773-7752 (800-PRESPLAN).
After your Medical Plan membership has been set up, it’s easy to maintain coverage in your second and third years of seminary. Simply confirm your seminary student status during the late-summer enrollment period each year by submitting
- written verification from your presbytery that you are an inquirer or a candidate for ordination under their care; and
- written confirmation from your school of your status as a full-time student, stating your anticipated seminary graduation date.
Coverage ends August 31 following your graduation.