The following benefit options are available for 2019:
Vision Eyewear Coverage
Flexible Spending Accounts
Death and Disability Plan
Retirement Savings Plan
The Board of Pensions can work with you to design an employee benefits program exactly the way you need it to be. Whether it's employee-paid coverage like vision eyewear or a 403(b)(9) savings plan, or a full complement of healthcare and income security coverage, the Board of Pensions continues to give you flexibility and choice for 2019, with expanded programs under the stewardship of experienced benefits professionals.
2019 Benefits Plan changes include
- a high deductible health plan medical option and a health savings account;
- preventive prescription drugs at lower costs;
- an optional auto enroll/auto increase feature in the Retirement Savings Plan;
- group term life coverage;
- reduced costs for supplemental death benefits coverage;
- vision eyewear coverage; and
- flexible spending accounts.
Why choose the Board
The Board offers the best of both worlds:
- benefits and coverage founded on Presbyterian values — community nature, compassion, and fair compensation
- enriched benefits at competitive prices, backed by industry expertise
- a commitment to excellent service for employers of all sizes
Menu options give you flexibility to select a variety of benefits to offer all of your employees. (Pastor's Participation provides a package of required and optional benefits for ministers in installed pastoral relationships, guided by the
Book of Order.)
How our benefits are different
The Benefits Plan of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is unlike most plans in the marketplace. Several aspects distinguish it from other commercial plans:
Commitment to wholeness. Enhanced preventive care benefits combine with our Call to Health well-being initiative and full program of healthcare and income security benefits to support the four components of wholeness: spiritual, health, financial, and vocational.
Collective purchasing power. As a leader in the Church Benefits Association, the Board benefits from the purchasing and negotiating influence that yields low fees and high service levels.
Nonprofit status. As a nonprofit, we are able to offer competitive pricing without regard for profit or shareholder demands. We pass along these savings to our plan members.
Flexible plan design. You can tailor a benefits program to meet your (and your employees') needs and budget. Choose from a menu of options, ranging from our new high deductible health plan and flexible spending accounts to a Retirement Savings Plan with highly competitive funds and lower-than-marketplace fees.