“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s.” (Matthew 22:21)
Terms of call and clergy taxes can be complicated. This one-day seminar is for those involved in church finances.
The Render unto Caesar seminar exists to educate treasurers, administrators, active clergy (teaching or commissioned ruling elders), and mid council leaders on how to structure terms of call to be more cost-effective and to clarify clergy tax issues. As a result of the seminar, participants will be able to
- find Board resources to help them in their role;
- summarize Traditional Program benefits;
- define clergy tax and housing allowance basics;
- recognize the benefits of reimbursements versus allowances;
- illustrate structuring terms of call and calculating effective salary; and
- identify the benefits of saving for retirement with the 403(b)(9) Retirement Savings Plan of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
February 24, 2018
Registration Open: Week of November 20, 2017–February 9, 2018
March 7, 2018
Registration Open: Week of December 4, 2017–February 23, 2018
March 14, 2018
Registration Open: Week of December 4, 2017– March 2, 2018
dates will be announced soon.