The Retirement Savings Plan of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) (RSP) is a 403(b)(9) defined contribution plan designed to help employees of PC(USA)-affiliated employers build financial security for the future. The RSP
- allows you to contribute pretax and Roth after-tax dollars to your account up to the IRS limit;
- permits your employer to contribute to the plan on your behalf;
- offers a range of investment choices, including a fossil fuel-free global environmental fund, socially responsible investment options, and target date funds;
- allows you to borrow from your RSP account balance through a loan feature; and
- provides investment tools and resources through Fidelity Investments, the plan record keeper, including a brokerage window (Fidelity BrokerageLink) and managed accounts (investment advice through Strategic Advisers Inc., a Fidelity affiliate).
Employers are required to offer the RSP to those in Pastor’s Participation and are encouraged to offer it to other employees. All employees, regardless of the number of hour worked, are eligible and encouraged to participate in the RSP if offered the opportunity. For a detailed description of the plan, see the booklet Retirement Savings Plan.