As the benefits liaison or employer representative to the Board of Pensions for your church or employer, you may have several key responsibilities:
- help determine employees' eligibility to participate in the Benefits Plan
- assist in preparing and/or submitting your organization's Employer Agreement
- enroll employees in Benefits Connect, which enables them to select benefits
- update and report member information changes, including salary and service changes
- pay the monthly invoice from the Board of Pensions
- report employee compensation to the IRS for tax purposes
- remit contributions to the Retirement Savings Plan of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and monitor limits
On the employer home page of Benefits Connect, you will find
- a current snapshot of participation in the Benefits Plan for your employer;
- information on your current charges and a link to BoardLink to view or pay invoices;
- your current and past inquiries and requests; and
- quick links to benefits information and resources.
Remember, Benefits Connect is your one-stop resource for everything benefits related for you and your employees. You can check the status of a question or request under My Inquiries and Requests. In addition, if the Board needs additional information for a request, you will find any questions — or answers — in this section of your Benefits Connect home page. If you have not visited recently, log on to discover how easy it is to manage employees, find resources and support, and more!
Check Your Forms!
Many of the requests and updates that previously required a paper form can now be accomplished online through Benefits Connect! Before submitting a paper form to the Board, please check the Forms page (under Available Resources) and read the description under the form name to determine how your request should be handled.
When a form is needed, be sure you are using the most recent version posted on pensions.org.