As a treasurer, clerk of session, or business administrator, you are the benefits liaison to the Board of Pensions for your church or other employing organization.
As benefits liaison, you have several key responsibilities:
- help determine church workers’ eligibility to participate in the Benefits Plan
- assist in assigning members’ employment classifications
- help determine employee participation levels
- enroll employees in the plan and any applicable optional benefits programs
- update and report member information changes, including salary and service changes
- make monthly dues and other benefits payments
- report employee compensation to the IRS for tax purposes
- remit contributions to the Retirement Savings Plan of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and monitor limits
Update Your Forms!
The Board updates forms regularly on pensions.org, with the revision date noted on each form. If you have a pre-printed supply of forms, be sure to use the most recent version posted on pensions.org.