When the time comes to retire, many people feel more than ready to move on to the next stage of life. But how well prepared are they financially? Data from the Employee Benefit Research Institute indicates that 40 percent of today's workers are not saving for retirement, and only 10 percent have a formal plan to ensure financial security in retirement.
If you're not saving or have questions about how to make a plan, and you participate in the Retirement Savings Plan of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) (RSP), there are steps you can take to prepare for retirement:
- Create or update your plan. Visit the Planning & Guidance Center at Fidelity NetBenefits, where you can create your retirement plan, review your progress, revise the plan as needed, access helpful tools, and learn about next steps to stay on track.
- Use Fidelity's other online resources. You'll also find valuable information, investment tools, and calculators at Fidelity NetBenefits to help you manage your retirement plan.
- Rebalance your portfolio. Keep an eye on your account, and update your investments to more closely match your age and goals. As you near retirement age, rebalancing your portfolio can help protect against market risk and volatility. Now through October 14, you can even earn Call to Health points for rebalancing your RSP account.
- Get answers. If you have questions about managing your account, Fidelity customer service associates are available to help — Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET — at 800-343-0860 (reference plan # 57887).
If you do not participate in the RSP:
- Talk with your employer about enrolling today, and start saving for a more secure future.
- If your employer doesn't offer the RSP, ask them to contact the Board of Pensions at 800-773-7752 (800-PRESPLAN) for more information. All employees who work for a PC(USA)-affiliated employer are eligible to participate in the RSP if their employer offers the plan.