As we begin a new year, the Board is excited to announce the first of many planned enhancements to Benefits Connect: Employers can now update salary information — quickly and conveniently — online!
While salary changes have recently required paper forms, employers can now submit this information online through Benefits Connect. To update salary information (e.g. cash salary, bonus amount, housing allowance, etc.) for one or more members, visit Benefits Connect.
To update salary information online:
- Log on to Benefits Connect as the Employer Representative, and select the Manage Employees menu option.
- Click on the name of the member for whom you are reporting a salary change.
- On the next screen, choose Change Salary.
- Enter the appropriate values and Submit the change.
- Any change to a member's salary must be reported within 60 days of the effective date of the change. For example, salary changes effective on January 1, 2017, must be submitted through Benefits Connect no later than March 1, 2017.
- If submitting a salary change with an effective date in the future, the member's new salary will not appear in Benefits Connect until that date.
- Salary changes and bonus payments with the same effective date may be entered together in one salary change submission. Salary changes and bonus payments that are not effective on the same date must be submitted separately in Benefits Connect.
If you have any questions or concerns about reporting a salary change (including housing allowance, employer contributions, SECA, bonuses, and other allowances) through Benefits Connect, please call the Board at 800-773-7752 (800-PRESPLAN).