Engage with Board of Pensions educators from the comfort of your office, home, or favorite coffee shop to learn about two topics important to your financial and vocational well-being:
Tax-Related Topics for Clergy, Church Employees, and the Church
Tuesday, November 6, 9:30-10:30 a.m. ET
Thursday, November 8, 2-3 p.m. ET
Ministers and employees, business administrators, and congregations of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) are invited to join Jacqueline Boersema, the Board's Director of Financial Education and a certified financial planner, to learn about tax-related topics relevant to them and the Church.
This webinar will
- review the implications of new tax legislation (the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017) for filing 2018 taxes;
- discuss how to reduce taxes by leveraging tax-advantaged vehicles;
- explain the importance of an accountable reimbursement plan; and
- review the IRS requirements for maintaining church tax-exempt status.
Exploring Vocation: Imagining New Possibilities
Thursday, November 15, 2-3 p.m. ET
Active and retired ministers and employees, and their spouses, are invited to join the Reverend Lori Neff LaRue, the Board's Director of Wholeness Education, to explore the relationship between identity and vocation, and to better navigate vocational change.
This webinar will consider the following questions:
- Vocation Defined: What are the various understandings and uses of the language of vocation?
- Vocation Explored: What insights does the Reformed tradition, through scripture and theology, have to offer?
- Vocation Embodied: How do our values, gifts, and passions — our being — inform our sense of call — our doing? How might we discern when we are being called to do a new thing? How do we imagine a new way of expressing our being?
- Vocation Transformed: How do we navigate the transition from one expression of our being to another?
Each webinar will last one hour and require a computer, internet access, and computer speakers or a telephone.
Enrollment is limited, so register now. Registration will close at 10 a.m. ET the day before the webinar.